Intro to game design in Roblox is a course that teaches Roblox Studio to beginners without any studio and coding experience. We will teach them how to navigate and use the several game design tools in a simplistic way for students to learn and understand. Students will work in a collaborative environment throughout the club/lesson on a player vs player project called, Spleef.
- A player vs player (PVP) game and publish it on Roblox
- Play test your game on Roblox with team mates and friends
- The basics of Roblox Studio
- Know how to use the beginner tools
- Understand adding and changing parts.
- How to create complex models
- Manipulate values in a script (Lua)
- How to safely use the toolbox
- Fully understand the positives and risks of using a toolbox.
- What a PvP game is and what is required to make a PvP playable
- Create a publishable game
- Understand the purpose of playtesting and how to politely provide constructive feedback for their peers.
Roblox Studio (PC / MAC)
Paper + Pen / Pencil