How to Data Save in Roblox Studio
Download – Data Save Script
How To – Data Save in Roblox Studio
What’s up everyone welcome to buzzygames, my name is BuzzyGamesBeth and today I’ll be teaching you how to data save!
- Anytime you exit your game, and then you hop back on, you can kind of start off of where you left off, sort of like a checkpoint. If you haven’t watched those yet, have to make a checkpoint video first, make sure to watch that, and then watch this.
- Since we already have a checkpoint system already in, I’m going to add one more thing which is a part and name it zero, and then head over to our serverScriptservice. We’ll be adding a script.
- Inside of the script, we have our variables, which is referencing our data store service, and then our stage, which is our leader status value. So in our first function, we have it so that anytime a player hops inside of the game, then it’s going to look through the data store service and see where they’re at. Then it will place them wherever they left off at.
- We have another function where any time a player leaves the game, their data is going to be saved. So anytime they want to hop back into the game, they’ll be able to start off where they were at. And then that’s it!
- One thing we’re going to change inside of our checkpoint script is changing the value to equal to zero instead of one.