How to Make a Chat Dialog With an NPC
How To – Make a Chat Dialog With an NPC in Roblox Studio (No Scripting)
What’s up everyone, BuzzyBeth here – In this tutorial we’ll be learning how to make a chat dialog with an NPC!
- Inside of your dummy (NPC) head over to where it says “head” add a dialog.
- The first thing you want to change is the initialprompt the initialprompt is what the NPC is going to say when you click on it. I’m going to say “have you heard of joe?”, pretty simple!
- Now if I go ahead and hop inside of my game the first thing you’ll notice right away is that you’ll see a question mark above his head and that is where you’ll be able to click and the prompt will appear, which is “have you heard of joe?”.
- I want to continue this conversation and to do so inside of dialog, you’re going to add a thing called a “dialogchoice”. Now inside of dialogchoice you’re going to go ahead and change the userdialog. The userdialog is what you are able to choose, let’s go ahead and change it to “who is joe?”.
- Then the response dialog is going to be what the NPC is going to reply. It’s going to reply with “Joe mama”!
- Let’s go ahead and hop inside of our game to test it out. Go towards my NPC, click on the question mark. “Have you heard of joe?” and look at that it’ll prompt the possible qustions. I click on “who’s joe” and it replied with “Joe mama”, how cool is that!