How to Make a Countdown GUI on Roblox Studio
Download – Countdown GUI Script
How To – Make a Countdown GUI on Roblox Studio
What’s up everyone welcome to Buzzy Games! Today I’m going to teach you how to make a Countdown GUI, it’s really simple!
- First thing you want to do is head over to starter GUI and you’re going to add a screenGUI
- Inside of that add a text label so for our text label you can position it and resize it to anywhere you would like. For me I personally like to have it in the middle of my game on the top of the screen- so in the middle of the top of the screen
- To do that i’m going to change the position to this real quick so that it’ll automatically be in the middle and once you’re done with that go ahead and feel free to change the font scale it the background color to anything you would like. I’m going to do something pretty simple
- Next up, inside of our screenGUI i’m going to add a number value, i’m going to rename this to “time” and then set the value to 30 seconds. I’m going to do 30 seconds but it can be however many seconds you want
- So add a local script to our text label. So this script is going to be really simple
- So right now we’re going to define our variable which is local seconds equals script dot parent dot parent dot time
- So the time is going to be in reference of the value that we set
- Next up is going to be script.parent.text equals seconds.value so we’re going to do 4 is equal to one comma seconds dot value
- Wait one second and for every second that we wait it’s going to subtract one value
- Finally we’re going to do script.parent.text equals seconds.value and just like that you’re done!
- So once we hop back into the game you’ll see that automatically the countdownGUI starts counting down