How to Make it Snow
Download – Snow Model
How To – Make it Snow in Roblox Studio
What’s up everyone welcome to buzzygames, my name is BuzzyGamesBeth and today I’ll be teaching you how to make it snow in Roblox studio!
- The weather’s cooling down so let’s learn how to make some snow.
- First off, let’s go ahead and grab your part. This is where I want the snowfall to happen. Go ahead and place the part over the area that you want snow to appear.
- Inside of our part, let’s go ahead and add a particle emitter. First thing you should notice is that the particles are actually being emitted up and that’s not where we want it. That’s not how snow works so we’re going to change the emission direction of it to the bottom.
- If you check out the particles, it doesn’t really look like snowflakes so what you can do is change the texture of our particles. Inside of our properties, go ahead and use a texture ID that you want to use. I found this online, it’s just a simple snowflake texture.
- Now we have some snowfall and snow flakes. I’m going to go ahead and change the size of it because snow isn’t really that big. I’ll change it to 0.5.
- We can change some more properties. Let’s go ahead and change the lifetime of it. The lifetime is how long before the particles disappear, the distance before it starts disappearing. You can change this to however long you want, I’ll have it actually float all the way down before it disappears. There’s never a right answer for these so play around with it.
- Let’s go ahead and change the rate of it as well. The rate is how many particles or how much particles are falling in a second or at once. If we do 100, then that’s 100 particles being emitted at once.
- Let’s go ahead and change our speed. It’s how fast or slow our particles are being emitted.
- One last thing, let’s go ahead and anchor our part and change the transparency of it to 1 so that we don’t see it. Let’s go ahead and untick can collide so if we just go ahead and hop into our game, you can see some snowfall. This would work better if the sky was a little darker but pretty simple.