How to Pick Up a Tool Pressing “E”
Download – Tool Pick Up Script
How To – Pick Up a Tool Pressing “E” | Proximity Prompts
What’s up everyone welcome to buzzygames, my name is BuzzyGamesBeth and today I’ll be teaching you how to pick up a tool pressing “E”!
- Right now if I hop into my game, I have this assault rifle that I pulled straight from the toolbox and if I walkover it I automatically pick it up. I don’t want to do that, I want to hold or press a certain letter on the keyboard to pick it up!
- So what you want to do is inside of our handle of our tool we want to add a proximity prompt and what’s really cool about proximity prompt is that you can change literally anything about it!
- You can change the action text which displays when you’re next to it. Right now i’m just going to “pick up”, i’m going to “hold to pick up” cool and then you can also change like the hold duration of the key that you’re pressing. You can change it to however many seconds that you want. I’ll just do 0.5 seconds and then you can also change the keycode of it too!
- The default key code is “E”, so it’ll be “E” to pick up the tool. Cool so once that’s all done we’re going to add one more thing inside of our handle and it is a script.
- Let’s go ahead and delete our print statement and define our variables.
- We want to reference the proximity prompt that we added inside of our handle so anytime that we’re close to the assault rifle, then the proximityprompt is going to trigger. That’s it!
- When you hop into your game you’ll see that right away if you walk over your tool it won’t automatically pick it up. You have to hold “E” to pick up the weapon or to pick up the tool!